Pages

Product Review: Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Super Strawberry

Thursday 24 July 2014




I got this chubby stick as a freebie with this months Glamour magazine. I had to reaaaally search for it as most shops only seemed to be selling copies with the Dramatically Different moisturiser but I eventually found one hidden away.



The stick is a good size; chunky but still small enough to stash in a clutch on a night out. Colour wise, it's a warm pink and is dense in pigment making my lips that perfect just-been-eating-berries kind of shade, a few brighter than my natural colour.



It's softer and more natural looking than a lipstick so perfect for summer but as a balm it doesn't really cut it. The chubby stick glides on nice and softly but doesn't retain that 'balm' feel, I actually found it dries out quite quickly. With lips as big as mine that is a big problem!
While the colour remains, I found my lips were dry much quicker than if I were to use my Lucas pap-paw ointment or even some classic Vaseline.



The colour is good however, so I'd recommend applying your regular balm to moisturise your lips first and to treat the chubby stick as you would a lipstick, for a pop of colour.


Rating: 5/10

3 comments: