Pages

Crazy Homies / Lucky 7

Thursday 24 October 2013




Date night this week was at Crazy Homies a Mexican restaurant in Westbourne Park that had been recommended to me. I love Mexican food and the rave reviews had me verrrry excited...


 
 
I appreciated the crowded shabby chic vibe they were going for in the tiny narrow restaurant, lots of Mexican skulls, tequila bottles and pictures adorning the walls. Unfortunately, when we first arrived we were freezing because they kept the door open and then we were boiling when they eventually closed it.
 
 



With the wide range of tequila on sale, I had to try a cocktail, opting for a 'Paloma', tequila, grapefruit soda and fresh lime but it was sooo strong that I couldn't even finish it if I'm honest.
We then waited for an HOUR for our food to come, and it seemed that people who came after us got served before we did. Luckily our Burros were to die for when they finally turned up.
Warm 10" flour tortilla filled with black beans, Jack cheese & salsa, topped with guacamole, sour cream & coriander, served with finely shredded Cos lettuce on the side, there were lots of filling choices; I went for Mahi Mahi fish and the boy had surf&turf; shrimp and beef Carnitas.



Unhappy with the service and long wait time, we decided not to stick around for dessert...luckily Crazy Homies is right next door to Lucky 7 an East Coast American diner that I've been to for big breakfasts and lunch before. And we really got stuck in..



Pecan pie. A sundae with toffee, vanilla and banana ice cream, cream, strawberries and chocolate sauce. Yeah, I was happy with that.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks about the huge wait - still worth a visit?

    Chloƫ x

    ReplyDelete