Pages

Ghana Girls

Thursday 14 May 2015











At the weekend my best friend got married! I was maid of honour, and it was genuinely one of the best things I've ever done. I was pretty busy doing maid of honour stuff and so couldn't really be toting my camera about, so these are all iPhone pics, but I think our happiness really shines through, it was one of the best weddings I've ever been to!
I love when weddings incorporate a cultural element and as Portia our beautiful bride is half Ghanaian, her and all her bridesmaids wore traditional Kente cloth material for the reception. We also did a dance in, to present the bride to her new husband, but unless you see the video, we won't talk about that ;)

I love the bright colours in the cloth we had and we all chose different designs for the tailor to whip up our stunning dresses, from long sleeved and peplum, to cross over back straps to my one shouldered number. And the brides' pink and gold number, sent over from Ghana, is just gorgeous.
Now I've found a good tailor, conveniently near me too, expect to see more African cloth designs on the blog. I've got some great material, just waiting to be whipped into a dress...or maybe shorts and a top...or high waisted skirt. The possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous Shan! Congrats to Portia x

    www.virgosandkisses.com

    ReplyDelete