Pages

MONKI Business

Friday 16 March 2012

Last week I went to the launch of the flagship Monki store on Carnaby Street, and if the store is anything like the party was, it's gonna be very successful! Monki are a cool relatively new Swedish brand and the concession in Selfridges has done remarkably well, so obviously London are crying out for a stand alone store.



A cool mix of fashion-y types, stylists and the like as well as up and coming music artists such as Cleo Sol and Etta Bond were all in attendance showing Monki definitely have eyes on what's hot next as well as what's hot now.


How sick is this T? My toilet queue friend said she got it here

The 2-floor concept store 'The Sea of Scallops', is very cool, lots of mirrors making it look very futuristic stylistically. I particularly loved the curved stair case where I took this photo.



The shop was filled with black and silver Monki balloons and as well as the standard rails there are a double of table stands dotted about, all of which had a few copies of the Monki magazine. I saw a lot of pattern and print, some luxe jersey in khaki tones and some funky rings and chains caught my eye too.



The cocktails were flowing (my fave was the apple sour) and if you went upstairs you could get crazy eye lashes or make up done. Unfortunately I wasn't brave enough so I have no snaps of that!



DJ Yasmin was spinning on the decks, plenty of 90's and early naughties R'n'B and hip hop had the crowd partying hard...well I certainly was!

The top I have on in the picture is the Malaena top from Monki and says 'Welcome to the Jungle'.

No comments:

Post a Comment